Many Filipinos want slender noses (matangos na ilong) to “look more beautiful or more handsome.”
But not everyone is born with a perfectly contoured nose. Women may use make-up to enhance the shape of the nose. Other people resort to expensive nose jobs or rhinoplasty, averaging P25,000 to P30,000 per procedure.
If you want a slender nose but you don’t money for surgery, you can try this face exercises by Face Yoga.
1. Open your mouth into a big O shape and pull it down.
2. Using your index fingers, squeeze the ala or the sides of your nose. Don’t close too tightly! Have enough space for the air to pass through.
3. Without wrinkling your forehead, look up the ceiling, but not too high. Make sure you don’t wrinkle your forehead.
4. Breathe. The sides of your nose will spread out, so press them down gently (with your index fingers).
5. Do this for 10 seconds and repeat three times.
It will take a while for you to see the results. This exercise is shaping the muscles and cartilage on your nose. But hey! If you’ve always dreamed of having that slender nose, why not go for it?