If you have been suffering from lack of sleep and being extremely tired most of the time, then you may be experiencing the symptoms of anemia.
Anemia has been known as one of the most common blood disorders where in the body lacks enough amount of healthy red blood cells in order to carry a sufficient amount of oxygen to several organs and tissues in the body. As the cells do not get a suitable amount of oxygen, they are not actually able to produce adequate energy and this will eventually result to a continuous feeling of being tired and experiencing fatigue.
Anemia can actually happen due to numerous reasons ranging from iron deficiency to auto-immune disease. Here are the three main types of anemia:
- Sickle-cell anemia
It is due to an inherited disorder where in the red blood cells turns to a crescent-shaped because of a genetic defect. As a result, it causes them to break down quickly resulting in low oxygen supply to the body cells. These crescent-shaped red blood cells can actually get stuck in the smaller blood vessels that lead to pain.
- Iron-deficiency anemia
It is the most common type of anemia which is leading everywhere around the world that happens due to malnutrition, which is known to the consumption of an unhealthy or poor diet, as well as mineral loss due to menstruation in most of women.
- Pernicious anemia
It happens because of Vitamin B12 deficiency that is usually the result of poor absorption of minerals by the body due to conditions which includes Crohn’s disease, known to be a parasitic infection in the gastro-intestinal tract, as well as auto-immune disorders just like HIV.
Reasons for having Anemia:
- Blood loss or destruction of red blood cells
- Gastric conditions just like stomach ulcers, hemorrhoids, gastritis, as well as cancer that inhibit proper absorption of nutrients.
- Advanced kidney or liver disease
- A low-iron diet, particularly a vegetarian or vegan diet
- Old age
- Gender: Women are most likely to suffer from anemia because of their loss of nutrients through menstruation, childbirth and even breastfeeding.
- Genetics: People of Hispanic and African-American ancestry are more possible to suffer from sickle-cell type of anemia.
- Vitamin b12 or folate deficiency which is related to Pernicious anemia
Here are the symptoms of Anemia:
- Fatigue that goes together with dizziness
- Tiredness and lack of energy
- A pale or yellowish complexion
- Repeated headaches
- Loss of hair
- Pica, which is an eating disorder that makes the desire to consume non-food items just like ice, paper or clay.
- Shortness of breath and pain in the chest
Prevention of Anemia:
You can actually do the following instructions in order to prevent anemia that was caused by nutritional deficiency:
- Consume a healthy diet, which is loaded with iron.
- Vegetarians or vegans require being extra careful in including iron and Vitamin B12 in their daily diet.
- Decrease your daily intake of tea and coffee because they can actually prevent the absorption of iron by the body.
- Consume a lot of fresh fruits just like watermelons, bananas and even apples that contain high amount of iron.
Here are the home remedies for Anemia:
If you have been suffering from any of the symptoms that are connected with anemia, immediately consult your doctor in order to get tested as soon as possible. The most frequent tests that are being conducted for diagnosis of anemia include complete blood count or also known as CBC in order to analyze iron-deficiency, and in some other cases, a bone marrow test may also be conducted to know the cause of anemia.
On the other hand, sickle-cell anemia requires proper medical treatment, you can effortlessly heal anemia that was caused by iron or Vitamin B12 deficiency at home with the help of amazing and simple yet effective natural remedies.
METHOD 1: Blackstrap Molasses
Blackstrap molasses talks about the highly nutritious black liquid that is derived during the refining process of sugar. As the sugarcane syrup is being transformed into the form of sugar, the molasses has been separated and extracted during the third stage of boiling of the sugarcane syrup.
Moreover, refined sugar is nothing but empty calories; blackstrap molasses is loaded with vitamins and minerals, as well as antioxidants because of which it is usually popular as a health elixir, particularly to most of women.
Blackstrap molasses is amazingly packed with iron, B Vitamins, as well as minerals and it can also be used in order to cure a broad range of diseases, which includes uterine fibroids, constipation and even extremely painful menstrual cramps. As far as anemia is concerned, consuming blackstrap molasses on a daily basis can actually help you in bringing back your iron levels within a matter of weeks.
Single-Step Treatment: Combine blackstrap molasses in warm water and drink
- Grab a glass of warm water.
- Transfer a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses in it.
- Keep on stirring with the use of a spoon until the molasses is entirely dissolved in the water.
- Consume it every morning with your breakfast in order to rejuvenate your entire health and energy levels.
- If you are going to consume blackstrap molasses for the first time, you may start by consuming at least a teaspoon on a daily basis and slowly elevate the dosage to 1 tablespoon regularly.
- Prepare and consume this mixture for at least once a day for about 2 months in order to restore your iron levels, as well as to treat anemia.
METHOD 2: Diet
One of the most important aspects when it comes to dealing with anemia is being able to manage your diet. Instead of taking vitamin supplements, why not do your best to take in and absorb the needed vitamins and minerals in a natural way.
Vitamin C or also known as ascorbic acid is an essential nutrient that is needed by the body for the reparation and regeneration of the tissues and it also assist in reducing the LDL or known as bad cholesterol levels and even improving the heart. Moreover, you also need a healthy amount of Vitamin C inside your body in order to inhibit conditions just like scurvy, yellow nails and loss of hair.
Vitamin C is also important in the prevention of anemia because it can hugely enhance the absorption of iron during digestion. Our bodies have the ability to absorb natural ferrous iron much more effortlessly and swiftly than ferric form of iron. Nevertheless, if Vitamin C is existent at the time of digestion, it will eventually allow proper absorption of ferric iron by converting it into its absorbable ferrous form.
You can either take Vitamin C supplement with ever meal if your anemia is already in its severe condition, or you can include Vitamin C- rich foods including orange juice, carrots and even broccoli in your meals.
Single-Step Treatment: Consume a glass of fresh orange juice on a daily basis.
- Extract a fresh glass of orange juice every morning.
- Drink along with your breakfast or lunch regularly.
- As an alternative, you can also take at least 2 to 3 lemons or orange-flavored Vitamin C lozenges on a daily basis.
- Continue on consuming a glass of freshly-squeezed orange juice for around 2 to 4 months in order to boost your iron levels through elevated iron absorption by your digestive system.
Vitamin B12 deficiency can actually result to pernicious anemia, which is a kind of condition where the body does not get sufficient amount of Vitamin B12 in order to produce adequate healthy red blood cells. It is also known as an auto-immune condition in which the body doesn’t have the ability to absorb Vitamin B12 in a natural way.
You can cure anemia by simply taking Vitamin B12 supplements in a form that can be effortlessly absorbed by the body.
- Dietary sources of Vitamin B12 include animal products just like red meat, fish, poultry, eggs and even dairy products.
- Vegetarians can actually enhance their Vitamin B12 levels through fortified cereals, milk, plain yogurt, as well as cheese and nutritional yeasts.
- For vegans, almond milk, soy milk and even tofu are known as excellent sources of Vitamin B12.
- For oral supplementation in the case of pernicious anemia, the regular suggested dosage is around 300mcg of cyanocobalamin. Moreover, look for the table below in order to know the amount of Vitamin B12 that is needed regularly by the body.
You can also prepare any of the herbal smoothies that have been described below in order enhance your iron levels, as well as to treat anemia.
- Apple-Cucumber Juice
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away” is a popular in this case because an apple can actually treat and also keep anemia at bay. Apples contain Vitamin C and at least 0.12mg of iron per 100 grams. By mixing it with cucumber, cilantro and even lemon, you will create an amazing drink that has the ability to boost your entire health and successfully remove anemia.
- 1 apple
- 1 cucumber
- 1 lemon
- A handful of cilantro
Step 1: Gently peel and cut both of the apple and cucumber
- Gently peel a medium-sized apple.
- Use a sharp knife and slice it into 4 parts.
- You need to make sure to slice the top portion of the cucumber and get rid of its bitterness.
- Peel the cucumber and then cut it as well into 4 parts.
Step 2: Add the apple, cucumber and cilantro in a juicer
- Add the both of the slices of apple and cucumber into the juicer.
- Add a handful of cilantro, too.
- Combine them thoroughly in order to create a smooth texture.
Step 3: Add the fresh lemon juice to the extracted juice, combine thoroughly and consume
- Transfer the created juice in a pitcher.
- Slice the lemon into half and squeeze the fresh juice into the pitcher.
- Combine thoroughly.
- Transfer it in a glass and enjoy your iron-boosting herbal drink.
Consume this amazing healthy juice on a daily basis in order to enhance your iron levels and you will be eventually free from anemia in just 2 to 4 months.
Beetroot has been known for its incredible content of iron and consuming it regularly will most certainly improve your iron levels in a natural way. On the other hand, carrots are loaded with Vitamins A and C, while ginger contains both Vitamin C and iron.
You can actually mix all together these 3 amazing foods in order to create a super healthy smoothie that is really rich in both of iron and the necessary Vitamin C for its absorption.
- 1 piece of beetroot
- 1 glass of apple juice
- 3 pieces of carrots
- 1-inch piece of ginger
Step 1: Take the beetroots, carrots, as well as ginger in a juicer
- Peel and cut a medium-sized beetroot and then add the slice inside a mixer.
- Add 3 pieces of peeled carrots, too.
- Then, also add a 1-inch piece of peeled ginger root.
- Combine them all together with the use of mixer in order to get a smooth mixture.
Step 2: Add fresh apple juice separately in order to acquire a smooth texture
- Pour the prepared mixture into a mason jar.
- Add about 1 glass of apple juice, too.
- Stir them with the use of a wooden spin in order to combine everything properly.
- Consume a glass of it on a daily basis with your breakfast or lunch.
Continue on consuming this amazing juice for at least 2 to 4 months in order to restore your hemoglobin levels, as well as to obtain freedom from this unbearable kind of condition.
Pomegranates have been known as another red food, which contains potent doses of iron, Vitamin C and even folate. You can actually combine fresh pomegranate juice with honey and cinnamon for a better digestion and iron absorption.
- 6 oz. pomegranate
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
Single-Step Treatment: Mix all of the ingredients and consume regularly
- Pour the 6 oz. pomegranate juice in a glass.
- Add at least ½ teaspoon of organic cinnamon powder.
- Pour a teaspoon of honey, too.
- Combine all of the ingredients completely in order to get a uniform blend.
- Consume this mixture for at least once a day with either your breakfast or lunch.
Consume this herbal mixture for about 3 to 4 months in order to successfully cure anemia.
This dark leafy vegetable contains a huge amount of both calcium and iron, together with Vitamins A and C. Include these greens in your daily diet because it will amazingly improve your iron levels and it will also aid in soothing the symptoms of anemia.
You can also use the following recipe in order to create a powerful blood-enhancing remedy to entire eliminate anemia.
- ¼ cup of spinach juice
- ¼ cup of apple juice
- ¼ cup of beetroot juice
- 1 piece of lemon for the lemon juice
Step 1: Mix spinach, beetroot and apple juice in a pitcher
- Take the ¼ cup of fresh spinach juice in a pitcher.
- Add the ¼ cup of apple juice in it.
- Pour the ¼ cup of fresh beetroot juice, too.
Step 2: Squeeze fresh lemon juice in it and combine well.
- Slice the lemon into half and extract its juice into the pitcher.
- Stir them thoroughly.
- Consume this mixture in order to improve your blood iron levels.
- You can also consume this juice together with your lunch or as a healthy smoothie in the evening.
If you are suffering from anemia and have unfavorably low blood hemoglobin levels, you should prepare and consume this kind of herbal remedy for at least once a day for about 2 t o4 months.
METHOD 3: Chlorophyll
Chlorophyll is the green pigment that provides plants their lively green color; nevertheless, its purpose is not purely aesthetic. It is an important component that has the ability to enable photosynthesis, which is the process through which plants convert the light of the sun energy into a form that can be absorbed and used by all living beings.
You can actually take chlorophyll supplements in order to heal anemia because it can actually help in elevating your blood hemoglobin levels, as well to enhance your blood production. It is also loaded with several important nutrients just like Vitamins A, C, E and K. Chlorophyll can also aid in preventing cancer, detoxifying the body, as well as reducing the bad cholesterol levels of LDL.
Remember: It may cause an allergic reaction, consult your doctor before you begin in taking supplements.
Single-Step Treatment: Take chlorophyll supplements in order to cure anemia
- Take around 100mg of chlorophyll supplements for at least thrice a day.
- As an alternative, you can also consume a teaspoon of liquid chlorophyll in a glass of water on a regular basis every morning.
METHOD 4: Iron Supplements
We have all been informed that one of the main causes of anemia is iron deficiency, which results to lower levels of hemoglobin in the bloodstream, taking iron supplements can actually prove to be a highly effective treatment for anemia.
To be detailed, this kind of method has been suggested for those people who have iron-deficiency anemia. This usually happens in menstruating women, who have heavy periods. If you are suffering from heavy bleeding during your menstrual cycles, you have to get tested for anemia.
Women who are pregnant are also recommended to get tested for an iron deficiency, if it is diagnosed in time, it can be effortlessly treated through supplements for a safer pregnancy and healthy delivery of the baby.
Remember: You have to always consult your doctor before beginning any iron supplements as the exact dose will depend upon the severity of your anemia.
Single-Step Treatment: Take iron supplements in order to cure anemia
- The suggested daily dosage for adults is 600mg of ferrous sulfate per day; this should be equally divided into 3 dosages of 200 mg for easy and safe absorption.
- As an alternative, you can also take at least 120mg of elemental iron daily; you just need to take care not to exceed this dosage and also divide it into 3 doses of 40 mg per day.
- For infants up to 5 years of age, the advised dose is 15 to 20 mg of ferrous sulfate per kg daily and alternatively around 3 to 6 mg of elemental iron per kg regularly.
- For children between ages of 5 to 12, the limit is 300 mg ferrous sulfate per day or around mg elemental iron divide into 3 equal doses.
- For teenagers between the ages of 12 and 18, the prescribed limit is 300 to 600mg of ferrous sulfate per day or around 60 to 120 mg elemental iron as per the level of iron deficiency.
METHOD 5: Herbs
You can also use natural herbs just like yellow dock and nettle in order to enhance the absorption of iron in your body.
Yellow dock roots have been used in traditional medicine in order to cure skin infections, as well as constipation and even scurvy.
You can also prepare and consume the following yellow dock root-based tincture in order to improve your blood hemoglobin levels and to eliminate of anemia.
Remember: Do not take this in the combination with any other laxative. This herb is also not appropriate for pregnant women and for those who are currently breastfeeding.
Single-Step Treatment: Prepare and consume yellow dock tonic
- Take at least 2 ounces of yellow dock root in a large jar.
- Add around 4 cups of boiling water; place it on a fix airtight lid and leave it for about 8 consecutive hours.
- Strain the prepared liquid and get rid of the herbs.
- Then steam the liquid on low flame until it is reduced for at least 1 cup.
- Add about 4 tablespoons of honey and bring it to boil.
- Pour it while it is still hot in an airtight jar for storage.
Take around 1 tablespoon for at least twice a day; you can also stir it in a cup of warm water and sip it as a tea. If you are going for commercial supplements, immediately consult your doctor in order to determine the ideal dosage for you.
This kind of medicinal herb is loaded with Vitamins like A, B, C and K, you can also brew and consume a cup of nettle tea after consuming in order to improve the absorption of iron by your body.
Remember: This type of herb is not advised for pregnant women or those who are breastfeeding.
Single-Step Treatment: Brew a cup of nettle tea and consume
- Take some hot water in a cup.
- Take a tea bag which contains dried nettle herb and steep in the hot water; you can use a spoon in order to push it to the bottom.
- Let it sleep for some time.
- After doing so, extract and get rid of the tea bag.
- Let the tea cool down in a bit; consume it gradually by taking small sips.
You can consume at least 1 cup of this tea regularly after your lunch or dinner for better absorption of iron in your body.
- Include some amount of pumpkin seeds in your diet as they contain huge amount of iron. Just buy some dry or roasted pumpkin seeds and munch them all throughout the day.
- Consume loads of dark leafy greens just like kale, collard and mustard greens and cruciferous vegetables, which includes broccoli to enhance your iron levels.
- Legumes including beans, lentils, chickpeas, and even soybeans are packed in iron and folate; consume them with Vitamin C-rich foods just like tomato for better absorption.
- Shellfish such as shrimps, clams, mussels and even oysters are extremely rich in heme-iron, which is absorbed more effortlessly by your body. Include these in your regular diet in order to significantly improve your hemoglobin levels.
- You can also eat at least 80% dark chocolate in order to heal anemia as it contain an extremely high amount of iron.