Even though the creation of gas (kabag) is a natural part of the digestive process, a lot of people dread the possibility of passing gas in front of others. An uncontrollable fart at an unexpected time and situation can actually make a person the butt of jokes for the years to come.
Most of people pass gas or also known as flatulence, for at least 10 times a day. As a result, it is just a normal thing to happen. However, the formation of too much gas in your stomach is no longer a funny matter.
Gas is being form in the stomach when the bacteria in the colon ferment carbohydrates, which were not digested in the proper way in your small intestine. This commonly involves high-fiber foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, as well as beans and peas or legumes.
You Might Also Like To Watch Bloated Stomach Cause
If you consume a lot of high-fiber foods, your body will likely produce too much gas. Other possible reason behind having too much gas includes excessive drinking of alcohol, not chewing your food completely, consuming spicy and gas-forming foods, excessive stress, and some kind of bacterial infection, digestive disorders, swallowing air, food intolerances, as well as artificial additives and even constipation.
Along with more often flatulence, symptoms that are connected with too much stomach gas includes bad breath, lack of appetite, a coating on the tongue, abdominal bloating, as well as sharp cramps in the abdomen and belching.
When gas accumulates in the intestines and you are not able to get rid of it, you have the tendency to suffer from gas pain.
Anyone can actually suffer from stomach gas issues. Nevertheless, you may become more prone to it if you are lactose or gluten intolerant, consume high-fiber foods, excess drinking of carbonated beverages, or have a chronic intestinal condition just like irritable bowel movements or inflammatory bowel disease.
Luckily, this kind of issue can be effortlessly treated with some simple and natural yet effective home remedies.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for gas issues and how to get rid of kabag (gas)
- Yellow Mustard
This is a simple remedy, which has been used as a basic ingredient that can be found in every household’s fridge.
Yellow mustard contain acetic acid that assists in lowering the level of the acidity in the stomach and it also gives immediate relief from gas, as well as the pain that it accompanies.
Moreover, it also contains turmeric that helps the digestive system and improves the health of the gut.
- Simply take a teaspoon to a tablespoon of regular yellow mustard. Rinse it down with the use of glass of warm water. You will get fast relief in just 5 to 10 minutes.
Apple Cider Vinegar
ACV or also known as apple cider vinegar has been usually used in treating indigestion; it can also assist with the issues of gas. In addition, apple cider vinegar is safe for expectant and breastfeeding mothers.
- Add at least 2 teaspoons of raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water.
- Let the water cool to a room temperature before consuming the remedy.
- Repeat this process for twice a day.
If apple cider vinegar is not available at the moment, you can also try to use the regular vinegar.
Ginger has been known to be effective in the treatment for indigestion, as well as really great for soothing a gas issue.
Ginger contains an antiemetic power that has been credited due to its carminative effect, which assists the body in getting rid of intestinal gas. As a matter of fact, ginger has the ability to speed up gastric emptying, as well as enhancing the digestion by relaxing and relieving the intestinal tract.
You can actually choose numerous choices for using ginger in fighting against gas.
- Just mix equal amounts of ground ginger, fennel and cardamom. Combine them completely. Add around 1 teaspoon of this mixture and a pinch of asafetida to a cup of water. Consume this drink for at least once or twice a day.
- Drink a little ginger juice that was combined with a pinch of asafetida.
- Chew a fresh piece of ginger on a regular basis after meals in order to prevent too much production of gas. You can also add small amounts of dried or fresh ginger to your food.
- Drinking ginger tea can actually assist in controlling the production of gas. Boil a tablespoon of ground ginger in 1 ½ cups of water, then leave it to simmer on low heat for around 10 minutes. Consume this tea for at least 2 to 3 times a day. You can also add some amount of lemon juice and honey in order to enhance its taste, as well as its effectiveness.
- Add some drops of ginger essential oil to any type of base oil and gently rub it to your stomach.
Baking Soda and Lemon
Baking soda or also known as sodium bicarbonate has been working as an effective antacid in order to dismiss abdominal gas. It functions even better when it is mixed together with lemon juice.
- Squeeze out the juice from ½ lemon into a glass of warm water.
- Add at least 1 teaspoon of baking soda to it.
- Consume this remedy as soon as possible for an immediate relief from both gas and gas pain.
If you do not have any lemon at your home, you can simply combine 1 teaspoon of baking soda and around 6 ounces of water, which is a little less than a glass before consuming it.
Nevertheless, do not make it a habit in taking baking soda every time that you are suffering from gas because it is only a temporary solution but it is not actually good for your entire health in the long run.
Remember: Do not take baking soda in too much amount because it may cause harm to your health. Furthermore, baking soda is not advised for those who are on a sodium restricted diet.
Activated charcoal contains an intense adsorption capacity, which makes it an effective remedy for both gas and bloating.
Its porous structure has the ability to trap too much gas in the intestines, as well as to eliminate it as soon as possible.
You can actually take at least 500mg of activated charcoal for about 2 hours before or after a meal in order to lessen gas. You just need to make sure to consume a large glass of water after drinking it. It is available in tablet, capsule, and even in powder form. Consult your doctor for the exact amount of dosage that fits you.
Cinnamon has the ability to provide relief to your stomach, as well as to prevent further accumulation of abdominal gas.
Cinnamon can actually prevent gas production by lessening the secretion of gastric acid and pepsin from the stomach walls. As a matter of fact, cinnamon can also offer an immediate relief from gas issues.
- Just add at least ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder to a cup of warm milk. Combine it thoroughly before consuming. You can also add some amount of honey.
- As an alternative, you can create a cinnamon tea by simply adding ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder or a few numbers of cinnamon sticks to a cup of boiling water. Leave it to steep for at least 5 minutes before consuming.
Fennel has been known as one of the best ingredients for quick and effective relief from both bloating and gas.
It works as a carminative in order to assist your body in eliminating gas in the gastrointestinal tract. It also aid in soothing colic pain in most of babies.
- Grind at least 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds with the use of a mortar and pestle and pour about 1 cup of hot water over it. Wrap and leave it to steep for several minutes. After doing so, strain and consume this tea once a day for an immediate relief. You can also consume this tea after a heavy meal in order to prevent both of gas and bloating.
- You can also chew some fennel seeds or fresh fennel leaves, if you can bear its taste.
- As an option, you can combine fennel, cardamom and mint leaves in equal amounts and boil them all together with at least 2 cups of water in order to create a remedy that will assist your stomach gas.
Chamomile tea can also assist in enhancing digestion, as well as soothing stomach gas.
Asafetida has been known as another effective remedy in treating gas. It contains antispasmodic and anti-flatulent properties that can actually assist in soothing issues such as indigestion and intestinal gas.
- Just simply add a pinch of asafetida to a glass of warm water and combine them thoroughly. Consume it for at least 2 to 3 times a day.
- As an alternative, put a small amount of asafetida into a ripe banana and consume it. Do this for at least twice a day.
- For topical application, create an asafetida paste by combining it with a little amount of water. Apply the paste on your stomach and leave it to dry for several minutes. After doing so, the gas will eventually disappear.
Peppermint has been known to be really great and effective in relieving pains, as well as other digestive issues. The menthol that it has contains antispasmodic effect, which aids in soothing and relaxing the muscles so that you can easily dismiss painful digestive gas.
A study that was published in Digestive and Liver Disease in 2007 has reported that a four-week treatment with the use of peppermint oil was beneficial for those patients with irritable bowel syndrome. It has the ability to improve symptoms, which includes passage of gas, abdominal bloating, abdominal pain or discomfort, diarrhea, constipation, as well as the feeling of incomplete evacuation, pain or urgency at defecation.
Peppermint can also be used in several different ways in order to treat gas issues.
- Create a peppermint tea by simply adding a teaspoon of fresh peppermint leaves to a cup of boiling water and leaving it to steep for several minutes. After doing so, strain it and add some amount of honey. Consume this tea for at least 2 to 3 times a day.
- As an option, combine around 2 drops of peppermint oil in ½ cup of cool water. Consume it for once or twice a day.
- For faster relief, simply chew some pieces peppermint leaves.
According to Ayurveda, buttermilk has is a great remedy for dismissing intestinal gas.
Buttermilk is loaded with probiotic microbes that can actually aid in improving digestion, as well as preventing indigestion and too much gas. It can also prevent both of stomach bloating and acidity.
Buttermilk acts as an effective and excellent remedy in order to relieve gas and flatulence, particularly when it is mix together with carom seeds and black salt.
- Combine a teaspoon of each carom seeds and black salt in a cup of buttermilk. If you do not have carom seeds at home, you can also use celery seeds. Consume this solution for at least twice a day.
- As an alternative, add a pinch of dry ginger powder and a little amount of rock salt in a glass of buttermilk. Consume this remedy for once or twice a day.
- If you are suffering from gas to lactose sensitivity, take lactase supplements because it may assist you in digesting the lactose, as well as to lessen the gas issue. Consult your doctor before taking any supplements.
- Keep tract of foods that can actually trigger gas and try to avoid them as much as possible.
- Cut back on both fried and fatty foods.
- Lessen you consumption of dairy products.
- Consume at least 4 or 5 small meals a day, instead of fewer large meals.
- Consume foods slowly, chew them completely and don’t gulp.
- Avoid chewing gum and drinking through a straw in order to prevent swallowing air that can actually contribute to gas.
- Avoid smoking cigarettes, because it can also increase the amount of air that you might swallow.
- Elevate your level of physical activity in order to help move gas through the digestive tract. As a matter of fact, yoga poses such as Wind-Releasing pose, Mountain Pose and Downward Facing Dog Pose can actually aid in soothing you from abdominal gas.
- In order to reduce odor, limit your intake of foods that are high in compounds that contains sulfur.