Sage or also known as “wonder grass,” is an herb that is native to the Mediterranean but can effortlessly grow anywhere. It can be described as greyish-green of leaves, with fine stalks and flowers that ranges from the colors of violet, pink, white or blue.
Sage contains a long medicinal history in curing different kinds of health problems and diseases. It has powerful nutrients, which includes calories, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, folate, beta-carotene as well as Vitamins A and K. it also contain anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds just like cineole, borneol, bornyl acetate and camphene.
Here are the 13 Health Benefits of Sage Herb:
- It balances the nervous system.
- It has the ability to improve the circulation of the blood.
- It soothes fatigue.
- It can be used as a remedy for anemia.
- It contains astringent property for oily skin.
- It can help in treating diarrhea.
- It aids in relieving menopausal symptoms.
- It can actually regulate the blood sugar levels.
- It assists in cuing sores and ulcers.
- It defends the vaginal mucosa.
- It helps in healing fluid retention and cystitis.
- It aids in treating oral issues.
- It contains antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
Sage Treatment Procedures
- Cure gum and throat issues
Just simply boil sage leaves in a pot just like a tea, and leave it to cool down. Consume it for at least thrice a day.
- Treat too much sweating
Douse around 50 grams of dried sage leaves in a half liter of 70% alcohol. Leave it for a week. After doing so, take around 50 drops of it on a daily basis.
- Digestive tonic and wound cleaner
Boil around 3 cups of water and add 3 teaspoons of dried sage. Leave it to cool down and consume for at least thrice a day.
- Heals gynecological and nervous system issues
In a cup of boiling water, add around 4 grams of dried sage. Leave it for some time to cool down and consume just like a tea.
- Cures rheumatism and paralysis
Douse yourself in a bathtub of how water with at least 2 handfuls of sage leaves for several minutes. Repeat this for 2 to 3 times a week.
- Quicker healing of wounds
In order to create a sage mixture, simply add honey to sage and apply it directly to the wound.
- Fungal infection of skin
Douse yourself in a sage bath for at least 2 to 3 times a week.
- Treats diabetes
Apply and massage sage essential oil on the affected areas.
Remember: Sage is not safe for those women who are pregnant and doing breastfeeding. Anyone with kidney issues is also discourage to do and consume these remedies.