Cosmetic have been the source of income of a lot of people because it produces billions of dollars for different companies. These happen because a lot of women do not want to get out of their houses without even putting some makeup of a dab of powder, swipe of a lipstick and mascara.
Seemingly, these beauty products are not 100% safe like what have thought it would be. Some of them contains carcinogen, which is known as a chemical that is really dangerous.
The United State government has no laws which mandates that all of the cosmetic products should went through a test in order to secure that all of their products are safe to use when it is release in the commercial. That is why a lot of brands out there have no proper quality control in making sure that it is actually safe to use.
Some cosmetic companies do not even add their ingredients on the label of their products and it is their tactic in order to deceive their customers.
The Environment Defense Group created a research on 49 cosmetic products in order to test the levels of toxic metals on it and here are some of the tested products:
- 5 Foundations
- 8 Lipstick or Glosses
- 4 Powders
- 5 Blushed or Bronzers
- 14 Eye Shadows
- 7 Mascaras
- 2 Eye Liners
- 4 Concealers
These products that have been mentioned above contain too much amount of heavy metals. Almost 96% were found to have a lead, 90% contains beryllium, and 61% had thallium in them. They also added that at least 20% had arsenic while another 51% had cadmium in them.
Out of the eight metals that have been tested, most of these products contained dangerous chemicals that have a high risk of health concern. The majority of the items that have been tested contain arsenic, lead, mercury and even cadmium that are extremely harmful chemicals that can actually result to deadly infections and diseases.
Here is the list of Carcinogenic Lipstick:
- (#103c), Stargazer Lipstick
- (#1005 Red Lizard), NARS Semi-Matte
- (#410 Volcanic), L’Oreal Colour Riche
- (#125 Pink Petal), Maybelline Color Sensational
- (#165 Tickled Pink), L’Oreal Colour Riche
- (#580 Ruby Remix), Cover Girl Queen Collection Vibrant Hues
- (#27 Mauvey), Sonia Kashuk Luxury Lip Color
- (#748 Heroic), L’Oreal Intensely Moisturizing Lip color
- (#025 Warm Brick), Cover Girl Continuous Color
- (#475 Mauve Me), Maybelline Color Sensation
- (#009 Fabulous Fig), Revlon Matte
- (#1009 Funny Face), NARS Semi-Matte
- (#375 Ripened Red), Revlon Color Stay
- (#558 Mad for Mauve), Avon Beyond Color
- (#530 Mauve Amour), L’Oreal Endless
- (#631 Luminous Pink), Revlon Super Lustrous Peal
- (Toffee), Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer
- (#643 Satin Plum), Revlon Super Lustrous Peal
Here is the list of Non-Carcinogenic Lipstick
- Canyon Lipstick
- Maia’s Mineral Galaxy Lipstick
- Coastal Classic Creations
- Organic Infused Lip Love Lipstick
- Well People Extreme Lip Gloss
- Isoi Bulgarian Rose Lip Treatment Balm
- Bella Marie Pure Mineral Lipstick
- Rejuva Minerals Pure Lips Lipstick