Belly fat has been called numerous names since we are either so obsessed with it that we try referring to it with humor or we are quite embarrassed that we rather call it cute names. Some of the famous permanent names known to us are belly. muffin top, beer barrel. paunch. The list can go on and on.Many. people who do not actually consider themselves fat are still conscious towards their mid area, if there’s something most of us would want to change about our bodies, many of us would definitely zero in our stomachs. Unfortunately, it almost feels impossible up to the point of annoying to get rid of these fats in particular. You must have tried numerous ways to get a more trimmed tummy, but don’t lose hope yet, here is a specific yoga work-out routine that could effectively help you burn that pesky belly fat and even have more sculpted, toned and flat abs.
I. Bhujangasana Asana Or Cobra pose
Another pose popularly known to burn belly fat is the cobra, it also encourages a better release of bad toxins in the body, soothe any abdominal conditions and aids in relieving stress.
How to do it
- Lie on a prone pose comfortably with your legs outstretched and both knees touching each other.
- Begin to lift your head, neck, shoulders, and chest slowly upwards
- This way, the entire weight of your upper body will fall on your hands and thighs.
- In this pose, put an extra effort to move your head backwards as much as you can.
- After holding the pose on a count of 10, slowly bring your head back to the ground
- Repeat this around 5 times.
II. ViparitaShalabhasana Asana Or Grasshopper Or Superman Pose
This pose helps you stretch and strengthen your abdomen and lower back muscles thereby helping you sculpt your belly.
This particular pose helps you sculpt your belly by making you stretch and strengthen your abdomen and lower back muscles.
How to do it
- First, you must lie flat on your stomach while your legs are together side by side and both feet touching each other.
- Then, begin stretching your arms in front of you beyond your head, and slowly use it for balance to lift your chest, shoulders, arms, and legs off the ground.
- Continue with taking slow deep breaths as you do this and keep the focus on the stretching action.
- It’s important that you feel a pull on both the ends and that your elbows and knees should not be bent.
- Hold it for 10 seconds and as you are improving, you can increase the count to 20.
- When finishing off, exhale slowly and then lower your raised arms, chest, and legs.
III. Utrasana Asana Or Camel Pose
This asana is great for morning yoga aside from being known to open up the heart chakra, it’s also a great way to tone your abdominal muscles, exercise your lower torso, stretches out your belly and develops a stronger respiration. It is also commonly called the Ushtrasana.
How to do it
Kneel on the floor, keep your legs spread a hip-width apart, and tuck your toes under.
- Begin the asana by kneeling on the floor while your hands are on your hips.
- Spread your legs a hip-width apart while tucking your toes under.
- Then, begin stretching your arms forward in front of your chest, make sure that your palms should be facing the floor.
- Inhale and bend your upper body together with your shoulders back towards your feet to form an arch.
- After that move pause, and focus on your breathing, for a count of 10 to 20.
- Slowly go back to the original kneeling position. You can repeat the cycle about 5 to 10 times.
IV. Dhanurasana Asana Or Bow Pose
Consisting the words dhanu which means bow and asana referring to pose, this practice will lead to a bow like stance on its final position. It is a classic endurance training method that makes you stretch your stomach
make it exert pressure and act like a soothing massage that helps fight constipation and improve digestion.
How to do it
- First, lie in a prone position, place your arms to your side and keep your legs stretched.
- Then, slowly start raising your bended knees, put your arms back and hold onto your ankles.
- Stay in this position and breathe in a normal pace for about 10 counts.
- Close off, by exhaling and returning to a normal position
- Repeat this pose about 5 to 10 times.
V. Vrikshasana Asana Or Tree Pose
As one of the more popular yoga poses, this is also one of the best yoga poses to shed some extra fat off that belly. This pose strains the ab area, makes it firmer and helps balance out your entire body.
This is one of the well-known yoga poses which is best for shedding some extra fat off your tummy. It also strains the abdominal area which makes it firmer and helps your body balance.
How to do it
- Stand tall and straight.Align your shoulders and hips.
- Raise your right leg up positioning it flat on your left leg’s inner thigh. Make sure that your left leg is straight.
- Find your balance, you can shift your weight on your left foot.
- While you are doing this, raise your arms above your head and put your palms together.
- Start inhaling and exhaling slowly, hold this position for around 5 slow breaths, and then release.
VI. KapalBhati Asana Or Head Shining Pose
Kapal in Sanskrit refers to the forehead while Bhati means shining.This is a simple form of breathing exercise and asana (pertaining to the posture) which naturally burns belly fat by increasing the body’s metabolism and rate of digestion. Doing Kapal Bhati regularly will give you shining face with inner radiance.
How to do it:
- Sit with your legs crossed or folded while keeping your spine erect. You can either do this on a yoga mat or on the floor.
- With your eyes closed, place your palms facing up on your knees i.e. left palm on left knee and right palm on right knee.
- Once you are a bit more relaxed, begin inhaling deeply and observe your tummy. You should be able to make it rise, then exhale by making your stomach sink.
- If you’re a beginner you can repeat this method about 15 times, hence if you have some practice with this before, then you can do it for about 20 times. Some gurus ask their students to do this for 30 minutes. however, that is unnecessary and may even cause danger in case of high blood pressure
It’s recommended that you practice these yoga poses each morning since they are great in helping to strengthen your core and lose any extra fat. It’s also great to combine with a protein-rich breakfast, drinking lots of water and fresh juices, all day.