We all accept that flu is a dangerous disease which may lead to even death when you are not caring it properly but if you treat your flu in a Wright way you can get relief from it as soon as possible. Other than taking medicine after the flu comes, you can prevent yourself from flu by knowing its symptoms are taking precautions over it.
As flu is a seasonal respiratory disease which can cause fever, chills, headaches, malaise, muscle pain, cough and sore throat. All these symptoms come on really fast within 24 hours and you should improve over the time of week.
Kids with flu may also get experience with vomiting, diarrhea, nausea and stomach pain. Because the flu is sometimes confused with the common cold, the centers for disease control and prevention has a very useful infographic to help tell the difference.
Normally children under the age of 5 are considering particularly vulnerable to the serious flu-rated complications like pneumonia or encephalitis. Based on the medical researchers the normal symptoms of children and adults on 2018 are having these below risks,
- Neurologic and neurodevelopment conditions which including disorders of the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerve and muscle such as cerebral palsy, epilepsy, stroke, intellectual disability or mental retardation, moderate to severe developmental delay, muscular dystrophy, and spinal cord injury,
- Chronic lung disease like chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and cystic fibrosis,
- Kidney disorders,
- Liver disorders,
- Blood disorders which including sickle cell disease,
- Endocrine disorders which including diabetes mellitus,
- Metabolic disorders which including inherited metabolic disorders and mitochondrial disorders,
- Heart disease except hypertension,
- Immunosuppressant due to disease or medications which including HIV, cancer, and chronic glucocorticoids,
- Long-term aspirin therapy,
All the above symptoms are common for the stomach flu also and if you have a child less than 5 years with any one of these conditions, you may suspect he or she has affected with flu and you need to seek out them for a medical care immediately. Other than this there are some warning signs to watch for all kids and they become a reason to rush the hospital.
While flu deaths are uncommon, even children with no underlying medical conditions are still at the risk of death from flu.
In all children, there are other warning signs to search out for which may need a medical care fast. Other than earlier flu symptoms there are some symptoms come after the flu which also leads you in more risk. Some of them are explained below,
If your child keeps getting worse and not better:
The children with the flu should gradually improve at the time of week but if their symptoms worse over a time, the fevers or pain are getting more serious on each day. You may want see medical attention.
If your child recovers and then gets sick again:
If your child gets recovers after flu and after some days again he or she falls on sick it is called a secondary infection and it tells you that your child is affected with a viral fever. If you have these symptoms on your child then you should care your child more than before.
Normally all types of viral fevers will lead to the death, so you need to be more careful on that time to protect your children.
You Might Also Want to Check this - These are the 7 amazing home remedies to help us fight flu
If your child has any of these other emergency flu symptoms, it says your child is affected with flu,
- Not drinking enough fluids,
- Not waking up or not interacting,
- Being so irritable that the child does not want to be held,
- Flu-like symptoms improve but then return with fever and worse cough,
- Fast breathing or trouble breathing,
- Bluish skin color,
- Fever with a rash,
The flu symptoms are different from the cold symptoms and other than that infants may have the following warning signs,
- They are unable to eat,
- They has a trouble in breathing,
- They has no tears when crying,
- Significantly fewer wet diapers than normal time,
If your child didn’t get the flu vaccine:
The flu vaccines can minimize the risk of getting the flu and reduce the severity of the diseases and this can be especially important for the vulnerable groups like children. The flu shot you can get at the grocery store is the same one you will get from your doctor:
It is the same vaccine your doctor gives you so it pays to shop around. Even when your insurance does not cover the sot, you may still be able to score a great deal.
You can predict when your area will get the flu:
Forecast the flu-like weather is the idea behind a new flu-predicting tool designed by the infectious disease experts at Columbia University. An interactive map of the US displays the severity of the flu cases in the cities across the country, lists the incidence numbers and predicts the number of cases in the upcoming weeks.
As a conclusion of this article, a proper prevention of flu will help you to get relief from flu. Other than dangerous flu, the annual flu shot may soon be a thing of the past. The flu can shot may be its own way out.